- Ph.D. Admission December 2020 Posted On: 28 Nov, 2020
- E&ICT Academy : Online Short course/FDP on "Nature Inspired Optimization Techniques and their Applications using MATLAB" [Last Date- November 26, 2020] Course Date- December 01 - December 10, 2020 Posted On: 09 Nov, 2020
- E&ICT Academy: Online Winter Training Programme on "Full Stack Web Development" [Last Date- December 15, 2020] Course Date- December 17 - December 30, 2020 Posted On: 09 Nov, 2020
- E&ICT Academy: Online Winter Training Programme on "Machine Learning using Python" [Last Date- December 20, 2020] Course Date- December 22, 2020 - January 04, 2021 Posted On: 09 Nov, 2020
- E&ICT Academy: Online Winter Training Programme on "Data Science using Python" [Last Date- December 27, 2020] Course Date- December 29, 2020 - January 11, 2021 Posted On: 09 Nov, 2020
In view of the increasing importance of the Electronics Engineering discipline, a separate Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering was established in 1964 to offer Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electronics & Communication and Master of Engineering degrees in (a) Advanced Electronics and (b) Applied Electronics & Servomechanisms. In 1968, the postgraduate programme was restructured with specializations in the areas of Communication Systems, Control and guidance, Microwaves and Radar, and Solid-State Electronics. Two new undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Computer Science and Technology were started in the year 1982. Keeping in view the activities of the Department, the name was changed to Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering. In January 2013, the Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering was been bifurcated into two separate departments i.e. 'Electronics and Communication Engineering' and 'Computer Science and Engineering'.
The Department has always been on a high growth path and to keep pace with the current technological trends, the Department has started an M.Tech. programme in Information Technology.
The Department has strong research groups in the broad areas of:
- Computer Networks and Cyber Security
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Data Analytics and Natural Language Processing
- Cloud Computing and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Vision and Image Processing
- Theory and Software Engineering
The Department has successfully completed a large number of sponsored research projects funded by DRDO, DST, UGC, ISRO, DOE, AICTE, MCIT etc. Besides, the Department provides R &D and consultancy services to various industries.